On 12/31/20 7:36 AM, Nathan Hartman wrote:
ASCII art could be a good fit for the many README.txt files we have. Even if it doesn't go in a README.txt, if it's a good diagram then in the interest of making the information available to everyone, I think it should be added in documentation first and then the format can always be changed and made more fancy later. Besides, there's something nostalgic about ASCII-art. :-) Cheers, Nathan

I use ASCII art all the time in my documentation for ASIC chip design. I even wrote some vim scripts to help me draw the ASCIi art. Plus I have a tool I wrote to convert ASCII Art files to PNG / SVG output format. It has a lot of provisions for EE block diagrams and symbols (AND / OR gates, transistors, etc.) and so I called it ASCEE.

Ken