On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 6:37 PM Tomasz CEDRO wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 6:23 PM Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> >
> > I have managed to build and install Debian version of
> > kconfig-frontends. Local testing for now.
> >
> > The problem I have encountered now is the `tools/configure.sh` uses
> > `make` for builds. On BSD systems BSD version of `make` is used by
> > default. GNU make is named `gmake` here.
> >
> > Will try to patch that out.
> >
> > That gives +1 for cmake build system as it detects and solves make vs gmake
> > :-)
>
> Quick fix proposition:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4672
>
> Is there any better place for this detection?
>
> Is there any kind of "global configuration" file for all scripts where
> this could be put to affect all bash scripts?

Here goes updated fix that contains `configure.sh`, `configure.c` and
`sethost.sh` updates:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4673

I have added `-B` switch for BSD. `-b` is already taken by `configure.c`.

`sethost.sh` performs host autodetection. I think this could be also
implemented in `configure.sh` and then overriden by parameters switch,
so if no switch is present host will be autodetected. That would
simplify project (re)configuration.