On 20/11/2021 13:40, TimH wrote:
Hi,

I'm adding arch support for the sama5d2 Class D audio peripheral.

This has bass cut/boost and treble cut/boost capabilities which don't fit (as best as I can tell) with the current set of audio driver capabilities and are, quite probably, unique to this device and not applicable to others (right now at least).

I don't think this a case where custom board_ioctl commands are relevant as it is chip specific not board specific.

This could be a case of I'm the only one who ever wants to expose this so I could go down that route but assuming it's not technically the right approach, what is, please?

Thanks,

Tim.

Since "Feature Unit" controls has run out of bit positions for anything new, how about I add the new sama5d2 boost/cut modes into the Processing Unit category? Not a great fit but perhaps acceptable?