On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 1:04 PM TimH <t...@jti.uk.com.invalid> wrote:
> >I'm assuming I have to have subscribed to that mailing list to vote so I just
> >have, but it is not clear from the welcome email received how to actually get
> >the relevant mail from Alin downloaded so I can reply? Looks like I need a
> >message ID to get it, but can't see message IDS anywhere? Assuming that is
> >the way to do this?

I don't think you have to be subscribed; AFAIK anyone should be able
to email gene...@incubator.apache.org (and most if not all mailing
lists) though if you're not subscribed then you'd have to ask people
to CC you on any responses and then hopefully they do...

> OK - found the ID by looking at the raw email on the lists.apache.org
> webpage...requested it by email...answer received with Alin's email attached
> but the actual body text is completely missing. But replied anyway, pasting a
> small snip of text to give it context!

Great! I can confirm I see it and it shows up as a reply to that
thread, so looks like that In-Reply-To trick worked. :-)

Thanks for helping!
Nathan