On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 7:26 AM Roberto Bucher <roberto.buc...@supsi.ch>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I finally reached to have a system with ROS2 and microROS on Nuttx which
> seems to work correctly!
>
> The main problems were:
>
>   * Service are not working under galactic, but this seems to be a
>     general problem because the freertos provided code does't work to!
>     NuttX and Freertos are both working under Humble
>   * Nobody seems to handle PR for microROS. I sent 2 PR for the rcutils
>     github but we no reaction! This is quite frustrating.
>
> I have a node integrated in pysimCoder that allows to exchange data
> between the NuttX embedded system and the microROS agent in a PC. It is
> possible to subscribe and publish up to 4 float64 data between the nodes
> in ROS2 and the node in microROS. Code i s available (not published yet).
>
> I'd like to have contacts with people using ROS2 and microROS with NuttX
> (there are some presentations at the Workshop!) to exchange info and
> experience.
>
> Best regards
>
> Roberto

We do have a precedent for putting such patches in our apps repository.

See for example the libuv port:

https://github.com/apache/nuttx-apps/tree/091ff5712636fa0742b435aa85758e406019d828/graphics/libyuv

The port is tied to a specific git hash and selectable via our Kconfig and
the Makefile automatically patches the libuv sources.

The same could be done for ROS.

If and when ROS merges the patch upstream, we can remove the patch, update
to the corrected git hash, and remove the patch command from the Makefile.

Cheers,
Nathan