Oh great, I'll test that, thanks!

Sebastien

Le 17/03/2023 à 15:13, Alan C. Assis a écrit :
Yes, it is not needed!

After configuring your esp32c3 board file (also works for any esp32xx
chip), just run:

make bootloader
make flash ESPTOOL_PORT=/dev/ttyUSB0 ESPTOOL_BINDIR=.

BR,

Alan

On 3/17/23, Sebastien Lorquet <sebast...@lorquet.fr> wrote:
Hi,

Dont you need the full ESP-IDF to build the bootloader and stubs?

If you have a simplified build method I am interested.

Last time I checked esp32-c3, it worked perfectly, but the bootloader
build was a bit cumbersome (fortunately it's only needed once, which is
okay).

IIRC it even required two toolchains, a riscv32 one for esp-idf and a
riscv64 for nuttx.

Best regards,

Sebastien