On 5/25/2023 10:35 AM, Tim Hardisty wrote:
I have an SPI EEPROM device on my board, and use "ee25xx_initialize" to
register it as /dev/at25. That works fine.

But I can't do anything with it.
Sure you can.  That is a character device, not an MTD or block driver, and it should behave like the whole device is one file.  You should be able to open it, read from it, write to it, seek to positions on the EEPROM.
Unlike at25_initialize, the ee25xx_initialize doesn't return mtd_dev_s, just a
success/fail, so I can't then use an FTL etc to allow me to mount it in anyway.
But it does register a character device.
How can I get this device mounted with some form of FS on it so I can
read/write config data to it?
Most EEPROMs are not big enough to hold any meaningful file system. But you can always access the character device like it were a file as described above.

There are some larger AT25 EEPROM parts that could possibly hold a file system, but there is no MTD device for AT25 EEPROM (there is an AT24 EEROM MTD driver).  You could probably use a loop device on top of the AT25 character device if you wanted to mount the character driver.