On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 8:07 PM Radek Pesina <radek.pes...@motec.com.au>
wrote:

(snip)

 *Configurations Tested:*

> For eMMC, I've tried optimising the menuconfig settings to improve it,
> including options such as below.   However, the performance remains
> lacking:
>
>    - Turning on CONFIG_MEMCPY_VIK gave slight improvement
>    - Setting USEC_PER_TICK to 1000 or below gave most improvement, however
>    at the detriment of other aspects of the system. The fastest speeds
>    observed by adjusting this was ~370KiB/s write and 700KiB/s read though
>    overall this was unacceptable given the effect on the rest of the
> system.
>    - Adjusting LittleFS parameters (e.g.
>    CONFIG_FS_LITTLEFS_PROGRAM_SIZE_FACTOR,
>    CONFIG_FS_LITTLEFS_READ_SIZE_FACTOR,
> CONFIG_FS_LITTLEFS_BLOCK_SIZE_FACTOR,
>    CONFIG_FS_LITTLEFS_CACHE_SIZE_FACTOR, CONFIG_FS_LITTLEFS_LOOKAHEAD_SIZE
>    - Ensuring SD/eMMC DMA read/writes are enabled.
>    - Setting MMCSD_MULTIBLOCK_LIMIT to 0

(snip)

Out of curiosity, what is the value of CONFIG_RR_INTERVAL, and, if you
reduce it to something like 20 or 10, does that show any improvement?

Do you have an oscilloscope or logic analyzer available to monitor the
signals between the microcontroller and MMC? That might shed additional
light on this. E.g., extremely noisy signals, intermittent signals,
unexpectedly long delays between bursts of communication, etc.

Nathan