NuttX supports two build system, when a new feature is added, three cases
can happen:

   1. Modify Makefile only
   2. Modify CMakelist.txt only
   3. Modify both Makefile and CMakelist.txt

Since different people use different workflows, tools and have different
priorities. What I suggest it that:

   1. Spend your time to review the code and prompt the contributor update
   both build system at the same time
   2. Improve CI to catch the mismatch automatically

Only CI can ensure that your features never stop work. For example, Windows
frequently fails the build since nobody spends time to set up Windows CI.
CI always uses make before and cmake was added recently, so make is in a
much better position than cmake from my statistics.