Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been doing anything NuttX for various reasons.
But I'm back :)

So, I'v just set up NuttX to build on MacOS with Apple Silicon
(M1/Mx/ARM64) and noticed the instructions for non-linux point to the
archives on arm.com - the linked file for mac seems to be the x86-64
version from 2019. Although it still seems to run with Rosetta (runtime
transpiler).

*objdump --all-headers ./arm-none-eabi-gcc./arm-none-eabi-gcc: file format
mach-o 64-bit x86-64*

A friend of mine who works full time as an embedded dev on Mac has
recommended the use of these native versions from xPack. The last build was
3 weeks ago.

https://github.com/xpack-dev-tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-xpack/releases

If we agree this is a viable option I'm happy to add it to the
documentation. Perhaps also instructions about the need to manually
whitelist about 20 of these binaries the first time they run.

Thanks,
Christian