My guess would be stack corruption.  Crashes and hangs often don't happen until
the app exits,  I would try increasing the app stack size.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Jernej Turnsek
<jernej.turn...@gmail.com> Date: 1/24/24  1:12 AM  (GMT-06:00) To:
dev@nuttx.apache.org Subject: Re: Builtin app with its own command processor on
stdin Hi Alan,I have meant my app is processing its own commands as long as the
quitcommand is entered or CTRL-C is pressed.BR,JernejOn Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at
9:15 PM Alan C. Assis <acas...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi Jernej,> by not returning
to NSH do you mean after pressing Ctrl+C ?>> Maybe this tutorial will help:>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszt15lTsnA>> BR,>> Alan>> On Tue, Jan 23, 2024
at 4:56 PM Jernej Turnsek <jernej.turn...@gmail.com>> wrote:>> > I am running
an app in the foreground. I didn't have waitpid enabled.> Now I> > have and it
works as it should.> > BTW, my app is not exiting to nsh. Thanks.> >> > On Tue,
Jan 23, 2024 at 7:38 PM Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com>> wrote:> >> > > Are
you running app in foreground or background from NSH, i.e.,> > >> > > nsh> app>
> > nsh> app &> > >> > > The second should show this kind of interleaved
behavior.  In the> first,> > > nsh should block until the app exits.> > >> > >
Do you have waitpid() enabled?  The first behavior depends on the> > >
availability of waitpid()> > >> > > Does you app exit and return to nsh after
each command?> > >> > > On 1/23/2024 11:19 AM, Jernej Turnsek wrote:> > > >
Hi,> > > > I would like to develop my own builtin application to process some>
> custom> > > > commands. This app is started from nsh over the serial console.
I> have> > > > duplicated the code from ftpc example and when application is
started> > it> > > > start to process stdin for commands. But this
functionality is mixed> > with> > > > nsh own processing of commands, thus when
I hit Enter, I get app>> line,> > > > when hit Enter again I get nsh> command
line. Entering commands like> > > > "help", I get hl on nsh and ep on my app
command processor. I am> > confused> > > > here. I did not test ftpc example,
but I presume it is not working> > > either.> > > > Both apps are using
readline_stream API for getting the commands.> > > >> > > > Regards,> > > >