-1 from me for Rust in the kernel, +1 for Rust in apps

Mixing languages in the kernel was never a good idea. Kernel should follow
"as simple as possible" philosophy whenever it could.
My opinion is that although Rust is safer than C, if you know what you are
doing, a C is good enough.
If you don't know what you are doing, Rust is dangerous too.