On Saturday 13 January 2007 00:19, Anil Patel wrote:
> We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> interested its available at following link

Ubuntu has some benefits but I think it would be better to stick with a
strictly Debian based infrastructure for several reasons. First is the fact
that Ubuntu staff have a stronger influence on what happens with the
operating system than the community does. Theoretically this arrangement
allows them to achieve more efficient progress. I question that conclusion
since the entire Free Software movement is about the idea that closed
hierarchical development generates less overall productivity.

After considerable experience dealing with broken upgrades from Knoppix and
other live cds I think that the cleaner the upgrade path to the Debian mirror
network, the better. I've been using DFS
(http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/html) and it provides a pretty good
way to put a minimal install on a server without a lot of desktop-oriented
stuff cluttering it up.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]