To: <dev@ofbiz.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: UI Refactoring progress

It's fine with me. I just want to be sure the commit doesn't break
anything.
That you very much for your help with this! The fact that it is moving
so
quickly is simultaneously exciting and scary. ;)

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

For what I understand, the blog stuff is still experimental, and by
the
way it is not a big issue if it gets decorated in an ugly way during
the
transition.
So I'd suggest to go on and commit this work (as soon as I'll find
some
time to do a bit more tests).
Is it ok for you? Or would you prefer to work more on your
patches... I
really don't want to put pressure on you.

Jacopo

Adrian Crum wrote:

David just mentioned the Tree Widget being used by the blog. Maybe
we
just need to include the basic-tree class.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Adrian,

do we really need them?
The ecommerce is not using the widgets and at first look it is
working fine.

Jacopo

Adrian Crum wrote:

Jacopo,

Please don't commit it until the new styles are added to
ecommain.css.
-Adrian

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Adrian Crum wrote:

I think it would be best if we could hold off on committing
OFBIZ-754 and OFBIZ-671 for a little while longer. I have been
refactoring the Party Manager component as a test bed for the
UI
refactoring initiative, and even though that work is nearly
done,
I'm still finding ways to improve the main style sheet and
widgets. Bottom line is, they aren't fully cooked.

I've applied the new styles:

the form widget refactoring:

and the party example:

and they all seem pretty good to me.
I'd suggest to commit everything to svn and then force the
community to test it ;-)
In this way we will get more feedback and will speed up the
refinement of this effort.
I can commit the work if there are no objections, but before I
go
on I'd love to get committers' feedback, especially on
OFBIZ-671.
Jacopo

 From my perspective, the ideal scenario would be to have
another
contributor take on one of the other components and start
refactoring it using the new style sheet and widgets. They can
see
if there is anything lacking in the new versions and improve
upon
what I've done so far (if necessary). When they give a nod of
approval, then we can get the new style sheet and widgets
committed to the project.

If anyone has a better plan, please suggest it.