David E. Jones wrote:

The examples in the entityengine.xml file are pretty important for people setting up with different databases.

I have to agree strongly here. When I first looked at the project, the robust number of connectors clearly documented there was a "okay, these folks have something going on here" moment.

What would be worthwhile for someone (not me :) ) is to develop a sort of installation application that basically follows the production setup guide to build configurations [demo, demo with external db, production] with radio buttons, check boxes, suggested values, etc... in order to get people up to speed and if nothing but a checklist during a transition.

There probably is a Jira issue on this, but I'd rather use any karma points towards that instead of removing one of the first point of contacts with the "internals" of ofBiz.

--
Walter