Most other apache communities vote on jar changes, this allows not only
the opportunity to voice concerns but because of how mailing lists are
archived allow people to find a relative time frame of potentially
important changes which helps track down bugs.  For some reason Apache
OFBiz doesn't vote on these sorts of things.  Apache OFBiz -dev mailing
list has had a total of 10 threads with the term [VOTE] in the subject
(8 of which in regards to test releases)

I'd like it if we could discuss this policy adoption for the Apache
OFBiz project and then vote on adhering to it.

In regards to the parent thread...
Because of the "black boxiness" of jar use, shouldn't there be an
actual _reason to add, update, or delete a jar that relates to how it's
used in the community project?

If there's a feature desired, an important bug addressed, or noticeable
increased efficiency, then great, we should vote on upgrading.
However,
I don't think it's necessarily wise to be updating for updating sake.
Especially given the number of external dependencies Apache OFBiz has