The sooner the better, in my opinion. We could keep on discussing it, but that would just delay it more. As far as I know, no one has OBJECTED to it, so why not just get the ball rolling?

We can still fix the bugs after the branch.

Si Chen wrote:
The SVN right now is in reasonably good shape in my opinion -- it's been more stable in the past, but there's also been a lot of times when it's a lot less stable. I think we need to get the framework to a stable point and resolve any critical applications bugs, and then it should be a pretty good release.

Having said that, is it better to create a release branch now, or wait a little bit? This would depend on everybody's development plans. I notice David and Andy are doing a lot of things in the framework and base methods and that there have been some bugs that are being fixed. Could the next few days, week, or two weeks be spent primarily addressing these issues without a lot of new features being committed? If so, then it'd be better to wait until then. Otherwise, let's just make the release branch before a whole bunch of new but not necessarily critical features or refactorings arrive.

Shi Yusen wrote:

+1 for creating a release branch.

Also, without responses the branch will basically just include whatever it includes.

As an training course, I have arranged a man to test current HEAD in
different enviroments.

I think the release branch can be created now.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.