Hi,

we use Ofbiz (mostly the entity engine) for over 2 years now.

Last year I had mail contact with David.

He recommended to contribute changes to the Ofbiz Community regularly whenever
possible and useful.

It is a long time since this happened, but we finally convinced our management
to try

to contribute some changes and extensions to the Ofbiz community.

I read the FAQ and found out that especially complex changes might take a long
time

and we may need some "community attendance".

David told me to place our proposal at the Ofbiz-WIKI

and to send a link to this mailing list.

This is our "trial balloon" to find out whether our changes and improvements

are welcome and how we could integrate them during the next months.

I.e. the following extensions may also be interesting for other members

of the community:

 * Advanced custom SQL integration

 * advanced sorting (locale, collation, natural sort)

 * completely refactored TransactionUtil with documentation and hints

 * on-demand "real"-sql-logging for ALL ofbiz statements

I placed our stuff at
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Key-Work+Ofbiz+Contribution+Proposal

and hope one of the "Ofbiz gurus" will have a look at the attached stuff to
make a statement.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Karl Eilebrecht

--
Karl Eilebrecht
Key-Work Consulting GmbH

Kriegsstr. 100 - 76133 Karlsruhe - Germany
Fon: +49-721-78203-277 - Fax: +49-721-78203-10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Key-Work Consulting GmbH Karlsruhe, HRB 108695, HRG Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Stappert, Tobin Wotring