I'm pretty sure iText (or something) depended on MinML2 even though I don't believe anything in OFBiz uses it directly.

To test it the easiest thing is probably to create a CompDoc Template with 2 PDF place holders, then create an instance of that CompDoc and upload 2 PDFs, then have it generate the combined PDF. That will use iText to create the combined output file.

-David