guo weizhan wrote:
> +2  :)
>
> 2007/10/19, Adam Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>> What do you think?
>> apt-get install ofbiz
>>
>> We(brainfood) have been doing that locally since february.

To expand on this:  it depends on mysql or postgres.  It uses
dbconfig-common, to prompt for the database to use.  In addition to the
2 above, it also allows you to select derby.  Then it asks for the
username/password(generating the latter randomly if not given).  It
creates a seed data file on the fly, to handle certain parameters that
need to be changed([EMAIL PROTECTED], password for the admin accounts, etc).

The only thing it doesn't do is actually do the initial database
creation/installation.  It does print out the cmdline needed to do that;
I just haven't finished the logic to run that only during initial installs.

There is a proper init script, and ofbiz runs as a separate user(I bet
you can guess which).

Files are stored correctly for FHS; /var/log /usr/share /etc.

I'm fairly happy with the packaging, except for the one item listed above.