Interesting... this is worrisome as it means something isn't using the ByteWrapper properly. Only the bytes in the ByteWrapper should be sent to the database, not a serialized version of the object itself.

Because this issue exists we have a problem though... updating the ByteWrapper object will make existing database data stored with it useless unless the ByteWrapper object NEVER changes.

Tim, do you have a full stack trace on that? I'd like to trace through the code in the content stuff as well as the database that does both the saves and loads.

As an interim fix, change the ByteWrapper.java file back to its original version (before the enhancements that Adam did recently). I don't know if we want to do this in the trunk, but I'll look at that as part of the above mentioned review.

-David