While technically it is not a bug fix, I believe it should go in anyway - since the release is intended to be widely deployed, and the problem your patch addresses might be a deal breaker for those who are considering deploying the release.

+1 for including it.

-Adrian

Dan Shields wrote:
Thanks Jacques for helping get my patch for OFBIZ-1106 into OFBiz.

Hello Devs, recently I participated with other developers to devise a
fix for OFBIZ-1106.  The patch I submitted is now in HEAD but
UNsurprisingly it has been held back from release4.0 because the
acceptance criteria, I am told, accepts only bug fixes.

Some would agree that release4.0 was unusable for POS for the fact
that it echos the manager's and the user's password to the screen for
all staff and customers to see.   I don't know if any other developer
has tried to train non-computer people to use the POS application, but
I have seen the genuine surprise on their faces when they saw their
own password appear on the screen as they typed.  It should be
self-evident that this is undesirable behavior.   My patch merely
replaces the characters on the screen with asterisks; it does so in a
manner that respects existing APIs employed by the OFBiz POS
application, it is well-tested, cleanly applies to HEAD and
release4.0, and has been tested by other ofbiz developers as well.

It seems that there is some uncertainty over whether this is in fact a
bug fix or not.   I am merely asking for additional support in
deciding:
   "For the purposes of release4.0, is my patch for OFBIZ-1106 a bug fix?"