Yes, yes, thanks very much Virgil.

I have looked at lots of these and jcharts is the one I am going to try
first.  I love the trinidad stuff Jacques, but it will take a very long
while to get it all integrated.  It also does charting in SVG which does not
have universal support.

On the other hand, trinidad has LOTS of other features beyond charting and
once I get some time, I am going to explore it more fully (cool tables
anyone?).

One of the reasons I like jCharts is that it streams the chart directly to
the browser.  No need to write an intermediate .png or .jpeg file.  On the
other hand, this has not seen much activity for a while, so maybe it is not
so good.  We'll see.

Here is the jChart license text.  I am not a licensing expert, so can anyone
see any reason why works based on it could not be committed to the Ofbiz
project:

Copyright 2002 (C) Nathaniel G. Auvil. All Rights Reserved.

Redistribution and use of this software and associated documentation
("Software"), with or
without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain copyright statements and
notices.
Redistributions must also contain a copy of this document.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
materials
provided with the distribution.

3. The name "jCharts" or "Nathaniel G. Auvil" must not be used to endorse or
promote
products derived from this Software without prior written permission of
Nathaniel G.
Auvil.  For written permission, please contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

4. Products derived from this Software may not be called "jCharts" nor may
"jCharts" appear
in their names without prior written permission of Nathaniel G. Auvil.
jCharts is a
registered trademark of Nathaniel G. Auvil.

5. Due credit should be given to the jCharts Project
(http://jcharts.krysalis.org).

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Nathaniel G. Auvil AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS''
AND ANY
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO
EVENT SHALL
jCharts OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,STRICT
LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE

Skip