On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Le 25/08/2017 à 12:34, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> Now, reading Kenneth's message, I think we should try to invite him as a
>>> committer ASAP, hoping he will like the idea :)
>>>

>>> Let's not discuss nominations in the dev list please.
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> Actually I did it on purpose. I don't expect to discuss it there but
> that's the answer I wanted to say.

I sent my email because in your email you asked for "opinions".

> Because it seems to me that, if Kenneth's is interested, it would much
> more easier for everybody and a great profit for the project.
>
> But anyway, as I said I don't want to start a discussion about an
> invitation (not a nomination) in the dev ML, even if I don't see anything
> secret to hide.
> Actually I don't like much discussions done in the background when there
> is nothing to hide.

There isn't anything secret here but discussing about an individual in an
open list may be uncomfortable/embarrassing for the person and for the ones
solicited to express an opinion: this is the only reason why in this
project, and several other Apache projects, proposals for committership
have always been discussed in the private list.