Add lifespan to PartyRole seems to me just to complex perhaps impossible. If you want indicate (as example) that a party is a customer from / to with a lifespan on PartyRole they missing the information customer from who ?

PartyRole is a technical entity as functional entity (it's border line :) ). Prefer to manage this role lifespan information with PartyRelationship and hidden PartyRole value to end user.

A party with "bill to customer" role associate to an order would be for the system always a "bill to customer" and not only for the life order time. But in the other case, you can consider that this "bill to customer" is finish for your company and you can indicate this through PartyRelationship

Nicolas