Thanks Deepak, I looked for similar info, but was unable to find. And in
the meantime, got to know about the Rel attribute, so I thought the
intended code was rel rather than target='external'.
Now, with the new information at hand, I think target="_blank" or
target="external" both are correct. All we need to decide is whether to
open all links in separate tabs everytime link is clicked or just once.

I think we should open all external links with target="external". WDYAS?

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.