Hi Jacopo,

I recently created a JIRA [1] to finalize the implementation of of
gradle to utilize a maven repository provided by Infra [2]. The
purpose of this maven repository as you may recall from our old
discussion [3] is to be able to publish OFBiz plugins as ZIP archives
in the repository.

So now the question has come, how do we publish? I don't have a very
clear idea in mind, but here are some thoughts:

- We proceed exactly as you suggested for the release branches.
- For plugins I distinguish between release branches vs actual
releases as follows
  - A single release branch would contain _all_ plugins (as exists right now)
  - However, for actual plugin releases maybe we just create a tag in
version control and then publish individually and separately to maven.

This way, we encourage people to avoid thinking of plugins as things
that you download from a branch and place manually, and instead think
of them as extra functionality that OFBiz can provide for you with a
single command on the command line (or maybe even through the UI in
the future). On a side note, I think this is going to be a great
release. We've accomplished a lot and solved quite a few bugs thanks
to the great efforts from the community.

Oh and +1 :)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9832
[3] http://markmail.org/message/bjvqu23ofwzuk57y

Cheers,