Hi Suraj,

Yes, that information is valuable, and you should be able to find it. I
still don't think it all belongs in the FinAccountTrans.

You are right that a credit card payment or a store account payment will
almost certainly be for one order. But other FinAccountTrans instances will
be more complicated than that. There may be more than one reason for the
FinAccountTrans.

I might receive ten cheque payments from ten different customers. If I
deposit them in the bank all at once, that's one deposit and one
FinAccountTrans associated with ten Payments. Each payment might be for
several orders. Each order might have several shipments, and each shipment
might be invoiced separately. Each payment might have several
PaymentApplications for several Invoices. The world is more complicated,
and the right thing to do is to have separate FinAccountTrans, Payment,
PaymentApplication, Order, Shipment and Invoice entities. There are
one-to-many relationships between these.

These entities and the resulting flexibility are already there in OFBiz.
There is no harm in the simpler situation where there is only one order,
shipment, return. Well, the only harm is if your business seems simpler,
all these entities seem more complicated than you need. However, each of
the entities have distinct semantics and will be needed by some companies
implementing OFBiz.

If your organisation will only ever encounter a simpler FinAccountTrans, by
all means define a screen to prompt for only one order and so on, and a
view to bring together the FinAccountTrans and associated entities.But
please don't make the OFBiz data model less flexible than it currently is.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

On 21 November 2017 at 19:16, Suraj Khurana <suraj.khur...@hotwaxsystems.com