Yeah well .. you know .. I'm not quite convinced of passing specific
objects to services. It should be either values or generic data
structures (maps, lists, etc ...)

Did you construct your GenericValue as a struct? Do you mind sharing
the code to take a closer look? Also, wouldn't this be more
appropriate in user@?