My understanding is that Jacques is essentially proposing that:
- Properties should either exist in the db or in files but not both
- System configuration properties should go in files (I assume everything
that isn't applicable to multi-tenanting)
- Everything else should go to the db

If properties are only expected to exist in one of the two places, then the
fallback behavior discussion becomes obsolete.

Hope that helps.  Jacques, sorry if I've misunderstood anything, please
feel free to clarify.

Regards
Scott