If my understanding is correct from Scott's suggestion, then this
entails substantial work as we need to:

- Identify "everything else" which is not a system configuration
property. Maybe some examples
- Find, and fix code related to properties which should not exist in
both db and files (remove fallback mechanism). Again, some examples
would be good.
- Figure out the implications from code design.
- Also, I'm assuming this has nothing to do with JVM system properties
correct? For example, take a look at
StartupControlPanel.loadGlobalOfbizSystemProperties(...).

So, to me the change in this proposal is still not crystal clear. AND
reading this thread I see objections on the idea from both myself and
Michael. So a clear strategy for what to do exactly and where would
help. A big idea without a clear implementation strategy might lead to
confusion.