Hi Julien,

Good ideas, and this is a good start to try and tackle the problem.
Whatever we do, we must not keep "ghosts" or things that are waiting
for specific outside plugins. The framework should _never_ know
anything about the outside. This is a fundamental architectural
concept in any layered software system.

I'm ready to help if needed, and I think there are many ways to fix
this problem. As you said one way is to extend webapps, another is
perhaps to optionally include freemarker templates that match a
certain pattern if they exist. In other words, you provide a generic
plugin-like mechanism for enhancing the system, but the direction is
_always_ from the outside to the inside, and not the other way around.
And that is what I mean with a root-cause analysis and solutions.

So I'm all for a generic solution, but not for hard-wiring any
component or any link that is specific to a certain component. That is
definitely a code smell and beats the entire purpose of splitting the
repositories in the first place.