You're absolutely right, and the distinction between the two is a fine and
shifting line from organisation to organisation. And of course, there is a
lot of overlap.

And we have that also in OFBiz. We have CRM/SFA functionalities in
- Accounting (e.g. the AR functions and Agreements),
- Party (e.g. the financial overview, shopping lists, contact lists),
- Order (Orders, Quotes, Requests, Requirements, etc.),
- Product (the Catalog web-app: agreements, Orders, Communications; in the
Facility web-app: agreements),
- and of course in Marketing (both  the SFA web-app and the Marketing
web-app).

And the same can be said for SRM.

It seems we like OFBiz (OOTB) that way, though whatever implication it may
have down the line (adoption wise, maintenance wise for both code and
documentation, community-growth wise).

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President