Hello Girish,

Girish Vasmatkar <girish.vasmat...@hotwaxsystems.com> writes:

> When you run eclipse task it removes all unnecessary classpath entries
> including the ones containing "config" and "dtd". This introduces a minor
> inconvenience, in turn, because you do need two entries below in order for
> OFBiz to start normally -
>
> <OFBiz>/framework/base/config
> <OFBiz>/framework/base/dtd
>
> I rely heavily on *Start.java* to launch OFBiz (Run as Java Application)

I guess every one using OFBiz is relying on it, no? :-)

> and therefore the code needs cache.properties and ofbiz-component.xsd to be
> in the classpath during start up.

Can you tell us during the startup when and for what purpose are those
files needed?

And what does happen when you don't add “/framework/base/{config,dtd}”
manually to the classpath? an error, a warning?

> I see that we are removing certain eclipse classpath entries (rightly
> so). Doing so also deletes classpath entry for /framework/base/config
> and /framework/base/dtd that we need for normal start-up.
>
> I opine that we have to make provision for escaping deletion of these two
> entries. This is essential because every time we run ./gradlew eclipse, you
> have to add the two entries manually all over again as the eclipse task
> resets classpath entries.
>
> Granted, it is a minor inconvenience, but I feel this should be handled.
> Should I go file a ticket for this change if we have a mutual consent on
> this one?

I see no reason not to fix this issue. Moreover it would be nice to make
it clearer in the ‘build.gradle’ what is the actual problem about having
extra entries in the ‘.classpath’.

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37