Thanks, everyone for sharing your kind thoughts.
I am also inclined towards allowing users to follow the standard Gradle
installation process.

We tried our best to make the user's life easier by avoiding their
intervention in downloading respective Gradle (resulting the changes in
gradlew and gradlew.bat files and writing init-gradle-wrapper script),
but, it seems this will brings various complexities and maintenance issues
to us like
-- Upgrading the Gradle version
-- Distribution of the wrapper jar

So IMO, let's keep things simple and let the users follow standard Gradle
installation.

Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org