Le 04/07/2019 à 11:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
On 03/07/2019 14:27, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Le 02/07/2019 à 08:46, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 7:14 AM Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
wrote:

[...]

It's only a RM issue. It's when packaging that we are tying OFBiz code
with a Gradle version.

It's only then that we need to modify the gradlew script, to call an
init-gradle-wrapper script if the wrapper is missing.

What do you think folks? Notably you Jacopo, with your RM hat on?

I think that the direction we are heading is to not include it in the
releases and add instructions in the release's README file to tell the user
how to download it.
So we could keep the wrappers (if we like) in the trunk and/or release
branches and remove them when we package/publish a new release.

Jacopo

Keeping the wrapper in branches is certainly easier for demos, Buildbot and
working copies.

For the releases, my proposition was to alleviate the charge on users and their
customers.

I'm not against letting them grab it. Maybe we could deliver an
init-gradle-wrapper script version which would do the work for them

But again we would need to maintain it and it's benign to grab the wrapper
files and put them in OFBiz-root-dir/gradle/wrapper folder.

Back to basic :)

Jacques

OK, if nobody is against, I'll revert all related changes in trunk (including Nicolas's and Mathieu's) and Buildbot in 3 days, and will close OFBIZ-10145.

No maintenance will be needed, all will be handled during the RM phase as
Jacopo initially suggested.

We will need to keep only the "Manual setting" section (w/o its title) in the
main README.adoc. And to clearly document the RM phase.

Thank you to all who discussed and provided ideas and code.

Jacques

No problem to revert on trunk however I'm in favor to keep an init-gradle-wrapper to help first discovery without complex preparation and the script maintenance is really easy.

So we can have on documentation advisable part with install gradle from official source and other part for unfamiliar people with quick start through init-gradle-wrapper.

After I'm always disturbed to have a different process to initialize OFBiz between release branch and released package but I can live very well with it.

Nicolas

This can even exist for Windows: +1