Hi Mathieu,

Le 03/09/2019 à 15:32, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
Hello Jacques,

If we need the stuff like

    org.apache.ofbiz.base.util.test.UtilObjectTests$TestFactoryIntf

Then this one misses an ASL2 header

I was also wondering how they are updated, when compiling? If so how is the
ASL2 header added?
Those files are meta-data files that are maintained manually. They are
distributed inside the JAR to allow the ‘ServiceLoader’ API [1] to find
the classes implementing a particular interface (corresponding to the
file name) efficiently.
[1]https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html

According to the specification, those files can include comments using
the # character so technically we could add the ASL2 header, however I
am not sure if we should/must copyright them.

What are the recommandation of the ASF regarding meta-data or
configuration files?

Reading https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-siteindocs and
sequel, specifically:

   /"If in doubt about the extent of the file's creativity, add the license header
to the file."/

It seems to me that all these files should have an ASL2 header.
All similar others have it so I guess it's easier to put it in this one and go
ahead. Else we would need to put these files as exceptions in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/rat-excludes.txt

HTH

Jacques
//