Hi Mathieu

Le 29/01/2020 à 22:26, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
Hello Jacques,

Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> writes:

You were the most visible proponents of this. After 5 days w/o
exchanges should we consider the idea is abandoned or should we start
a vote?

Without answers I'll consider the idea abandoned, which is a pity IMO.
The idea is not abandonned yet, it is just that I need to take some time
off to accept that my strategy consisting in trying to bring important
changes within OFBiz might actually be quixotic.

Quixotic a new word for me :)

After re-reading [1] I am not sure to understand how a vote can help
resolving this issue because any -1 for code modification is considered
a veto (if it is “accompanied by a technical justification”).  So unless
the question that we vote on corresponds to Michael minimal
requirements, it will not enable us to move forward.

Am I overlooking something?

What question have you in mind for the vote?

The idea is to vote about removing component-load.xml from the framework, as Michael agreed on, but let them in applications and plugins. Is that OK with your plan?

Thanks for trying to make things move forward.

You are welcome, all efforts to improve OFBiz are heading in the right
direction for me.

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#Veto