I agree. We should avoid having contributors create Github issues. That
requires education each time it happens. But human nature....
IMO, we can only suggest to the contributor who provides a PR that isn't
referencing a JIRA ticket that he must do so. And if it doesn't happen
close the PR without any other action.

I have looked into the aspect of having new JIRA tickets appear in the
GitHub repository as issues. Unfortunately I could not find a working
solution.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)