Le 11/03/2020 à 12:33, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
This said you certainly saw this thread started by Pierre Smits:
https://markmail.org/message/so7ljoqxzuq7jplz  and the related wiki
document
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Contributing+via+Git+and+Github
AIUI this page is only collection of Git/Github tips and fuzzy
"maybe"/"you can" rules.  Moreover it does not propose to
replace/deprecate/simplify existing contribution procedures/tools.

Yes, that's really missing, I agree. I once created OFBIZ-1129 (Tools to
backport), but finally closed it for 2 reasons:

1. Not enough interest (most important reason by far)
2. Spent some time, did not find easy way to replace scripts, I don't think
fits.

I think Pierre's effort is a try for the procedure aspect. Why not joining
there and improve?

So it misses the point that adopting Github workflow only makes sense if
it simplifies the contribution process for both contributors and
reviewers.

At 1st glance it simplifies committers work: just a button to click \o/

But reviewing in the GH env. is not easy. Eclipse and other tools used locally make things much easier. And reviewing is of course the most important thing, everybody can click a button ;)