I think I've got it solved for trunk, please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21376 and the linked pull requests there.

Is anyone using the Ldap plugin and can help out to test the changes I've made during the migration process?

If the community approves this solution I would go through the releases and adapt this work to release 17.12 and 18.12 as well. I expect some manual changes becaus of different dependencies (at least in versions).

Do we also want to adapt the changes to 16.11 even if not supported anymore? We could provide a patch.

I'd also set up a wiki page to describe the problem and provide informations for the different releases. The mentioned patch could go there too.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de