Hi Michael,

I did try getting Eclipse up and running a few weeks ago for OFBiz but
failed, unfortunately.

Following up from Jacques, I think Groovy debugging is going to be a really
important feature for an OFBiz Developers' IDE since so much of our
minilang is getting converted to Groovy scripts. Using IntelliJ 'just
works'.

I let my IntelliJ Ultimate license lapse a while ago so recently updated to
the latest Community edition. The only thing missing from the IntelliJ
Community edition for my work was Freemarker Template support.

Every now and then I try using VS Code for OFBiz development but have not
been successful so far. Groovy/Gradle support is not there in vscode at the
moment and, as mentioned for Eclipse, I think we really need good Groovy
support in our IDE to develop OFBiz effectively.

It's a shame about vscode as the ability to run your development
environment inside a container or in WSL2 is really useful.

So, apologies that I haven't really answered the original question and have
gone slightly off topic, but my recommendation is to give IntelliJ a try.

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford