… and after some more assertions, I can add:
I have verified the paths to all my test suites to point to the correct Java
classes.
I do not find any error in the test logs.
I do find the classes in the build/classes/java/test directory.
I do not find related test results at all.

An hint you can give me is appreciated!
Warm regards

Carsten