Hi Eugen,

first of all, welcome on board!

Personally, I've voted you in as a committer because I see value in more people working on making OFBiz better, be it on the framework level or business logic / functionality. You have showed motivation and good thoughts about your plans for refactoring.

As I wrote before, I am in favour of having a proper process to work on the framwork refactorings and it definetely helps splitting the work in smaller chunks. We should also give us enough time to discuss and approve those PR's before they go into the codebase.

What's very important: there are many projects out there relying on OFBiz as a base for really complex projects with custom plugins using the framework as well. Breaking changes should be well documented and we should provide a migration guide for them from the beginning. I have made several vendor imports for those projects over the years and lack of documentation makes this process difficult, even if you closely follow what's going on in the community.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de