Thinking from a accounting perspective, you have LIFO or FIFO or average
cost.
So how would you handle a Drop ship different in each of these cases.
is there a need to differentiate a Drop shipped Item.
Also there are two types of Dropship, from what I am picking up.
You become the Dropshipper, and/or you are using a Dropshipper for your
orders.
There are different ways of accounting for COGS when you have some one
dropship to fill your orders than when you ship from inventory.

My reason for taking this approach is to see if we need to evaluate the
whole structure to see if we meet the criteria to allow evalatuation for
the above.

I thinks there needs to be a more definitive way to Identify those drop
shipped for a customer, and those that Dropship to a customer from
another source.

Maybe look as assigning Warehouses (facilities) that are the Suppier
that we dropship from, and then use that as a indicator if this item is
dropshipped and how.

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 1/25/2008 3:52 AM: