For my part it's a big -1, and in fact I was just about to go remove that from Bruno's patch of the example component, and possibly other things too....

Really, it seems odd (no offense to you personally Bruno) that a patch from a newer contributor like Bruno should be accepted under ANY terms in the way it was in SVN rev 670340. The example component is supposed to be the example of best practices and things changing in this seems odd.

-David

On Jun 22, 2008, at 8:24 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

OK, but what about my argument on stress on DB ? This can be hard sometimes...
And BTW this not how it works in most of the screen for now

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Adrian,
many thanks for the update.
So last commits on Lookups and Example FindScreens follows the guidelines,
good!
-Bruno
2008/6/22 Adrian Crum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I have all of the emails on the Find Screen discussion, so I will add it to the best practices section of the wiki. I plan to do some work on the wiki
this afternoon.

By the way, it was agreed that the find screens would display a complete
list at first, then the list is narrowed down by the user.

The lookup screens are different - they don't display a list until the user
enters search options.

-Adrian