Adrian,

Is there a reason why you did not create a Jira issue and attach a patch ?

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I created a basic service to retrieve external web pages and I also created a sample scraper - a form extraction service. It all seems to work well.

I implemented these as services so they can be used inside screen widget
<actions> elements and in minilang.

I want to wait a little while before committing so I can get additional
feedback from the community.

The sendExternalRequest service takes the following arguments:

extRequestUrl - the external URL to invoke
extRequestType - get, post, or empty (for REST type URLs)
extRequestParams - request parameters Map

It returns extResponse - the web page as a String.

The getFormParametersFromExtResponse service takes the following arguments:

extResponse - The response String
formId - The id attribute to search for
formName - The form name to search for

It returns:

extResponse - The original response String
formAction - The form's action attribute
formMethod - The form's method attribute
formFields - The form's input fields Map

The idea being you could modify the contents of the formFields Map and then use the returned values in another call to sendExternalRequest.

I picture the Mashup services working like a chain - you invoke the initial request, then take the response and pass it through various scrapers and/or XML element extractors.

Comments are welcome.

-Adrian