That's great input. I just wanted to make sure I didn't go in a different direction than what was already planned.

Thanks!

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

On Sep 17, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

I would like to start working on connecting the temporal expressions code to recurring events. Before I begin, I want to make sure I understand the requirements and where things should land.

The WorkEffort entity already has a RecurrenceInfoId field, so adding a temporal expression ID field to that is obvious.

Yep, sounds good.

What about a personal calendar? Where are those recurring events kept? They aren't related to a work effort or a work schedule.

Why would a personal calendar be any different from any other calendar event? Calendar events go in the WorkEffort entity.

What about an employee work schedule? I want to assign an employee to work in the roof department from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with a lunch break from 12:00 to 12:30pm. Where would those recurring events go?

Here's what I wrote in Jira OFBIZ-1956: "To push this further, and to answer Jacques' question: the WorkEffort entity is already designed to handle work schedules using the WorkEffortType "Available" (ID: AVAILABLE)."

In addition Jacopo added some demo data that I put together for another project that shows how this would look (pretty much exactly, actually) with the old recurrence records (also in that same issue):

<!-- Standard Work Schedule Schedules: work availability of 8 hours per day, from Monday to Friday --> <RecurrenceRule recurrenceRuleId="SCHED_STD_40HR_WK" frequency="DAILY" intervalNumber="1" countNumber="-1" byHourList="09,10,11,13,14,15,16,17" byDayList="MO,TU,WE,TH,FR"/> <RecurrenceInfo recurrenceInfoId="SCHED_STD_40HR_WK" startDateTime="2008-01-01 00:00:00.000" recurrenceRuleId="SCHED_STD_40HR_WK" recurrenceCount="0"/> <WorkEffort workEffortId="SCHED_STD_40HR_WK" workEffortTypeId="AVAILABLE" scopeEnumId="WES_PRIVATE" workEffortName="Work Schedule Full Time (40 hrs/wk)" recurrenceInfoId="SCHED_STD_40HR_WK"/>

For the future let's do the same thing except instead of a recurrenceInfoId on the WorkEffort have a temporalExpressionId.

Does that make sense, or were you looking for something else?