That would make more sense. It would be even better if we used only one entity instead of two. Conversions that never change would have a null through date.

-Adrian

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
"convertUom" service, given a uomId (from) and a uomIdTo and an amount, tries to convert the amount from uomId to uomIdTo. In order to do this it searches for the conversion factor by looking in the following entities:

1) UomConversion, if no record is found then
2) UomConversionDated

It seems to me that it would be better to reaserch the values in the following order:

1) UomConversionDated, if no record is found then
2) UomConversion

The dated version should be more specific, if none is found then the no-dated version is searched

What do you think?