Have you decided on a solution to this yet Adrian?

To clarify, you are talking about the duration of each instance of the recurring event? In other words the temporal expression would describe when each recurrence of the events starts and then this additional information would describe how long it lasts each time after it starts.

On the WorkEffort the estimated time millis field should be used. That field should probably be replaced with something more similar to what we do in other places, ie have a field for estimated duration and another for the duration uomId (which could be shared with the field for the actual duration and possibly other fields). For now though we can just use the millis field, unless you want to take on the effort to deprecate that field (not one of the funner things to do!).

-David